No matter how well you take care of your teeth, a lifetime of wear and tear can lead to tooth damage or tooth loss. You don’t have to resign yourself to temporary solutions and frequent adjustments. Dental implants give you the look, comfort, and security of natural teeth, so your smile stays as strong and healthy as ever.
Dental implants have become the most popular tooth replacement procedure for dentists and patients alike. And for good reason. You can treat dental implants just like natural teeth. Unlike other tooth replacement technologies, dental implants:
- Last a lifetime
- Don’t degrade the surrounding teeth
- Transmit force to the bone instead of the gums or adjacent teeth
- Don’t slip or move when eating
- Prevent bone loss
- Eliminate sunken areas around the jaw, preserving your facial appearance
- Don’t require adjustments
Because they’re affixed to the jaw, the titanium post fuses with the bone over time, creating a strong anchor that gives you a healthy and natural-looking smile. Dental implants help improve your oral health, boost your confidence, and give you the freedom to eat healthy foods like nuts, fruits, and vegetables that can be tough on teeth.
Dental implants have three parts:
- Implant: A medical-grade titanium screw that permanently attaches to the jaw, forming a stable root for your new tooth
- Abutment: A permanent connector that supports one or more teeth
- Crown: A lifelike porcelain crown that’s as durable, strong, and attractive as natural a natural tooth
Our experienced medical team uses cutting-edge 3D imaging and surgical tools to provide the best dental implant care in Marietta. Whether you’re replacing a single tooth, several teeth, or need an all-on-four implant—four implants and a full arch prosthesis used to restore an entire set of upper or lower teeth—our team will support you on the path to a brighter, stronger smile.
If you’re interested in learning more about dental implant technologies, call our office to schedule a consultation.